Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Locked Out

So I found out that I do not know how to properly operate a door lock, the church office door lock to be precise.

Yesterday I was planning on doing a bunch of homework and sermon preparation here at the church. I had my computer set up, my schoolbooks at hand and my bottle of water all ready to go. It was close to lunchtime and I was getting the munchies so I went down stairs to raid the youth group stash of snacks.

Mmmmmm…a bowl of Shrek shaped Cheez-Its...yummy.

Doh!!!

As I go back up stairs the office door is locked. I know I unlocked it to get in and apparently it does not stay unlocked until you flip the thingy on the back of the knob. No problem, I will just use my handy keys to unlock the door.

Doh!!!

They are sitting on the table of the office. Along with my computer and my books. So I ended up walking home to get a spare set of car keys. By the time I finally was able to get back into the office most of the day was gone and I did not get much work done. I did however get to listen to the wonderful songs of the cicadas as I dodged their attempts to land on me while I walked home and back to the church.

What have we learned from this? Make sure you carry your keys with you at all times and make sure you learn how to use a door lock.

Mike

No comments: